Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Wednesday Mid-Afternoon

Another email:
Greetings:

Not much to report at this time. Dr. Wagner called me around 9 to let me know that Butterscotch's blood count was up to 16 today, after they gave him another unit of blood last night. She stated before the second transfusion his count was up to 9. (?) Either I was confused or misinformed, as I thought she said 12 yesterday late afternoon. She said that their rule of thumb for a minimum number is 10, as below that long-term damage can be done to organs.

She let me know that Butterscotch looked better and was more active. He's been drinking and urinating, although not eating, since they needed him to fast before his ultrasound. It's funny that I need to fast myself tonight after 6, since I'm having a regular physical done in the morning...

That ultrasound could be taking place any time now, if it hasn't already. She couldn't give me a specific time, since they go down the list and just do it. She said barring another animal being in more serious shape, the boy would have priority since he's staying there (other animals are coming in from outside). You can't buy love, but you can buy good medical care. <g>

If the ultrasound doesn't yield answers, they will do the bone marrow test as I mentioned. Hopefully by then I'll have information with which to make decisions about next steps.

I'll be going to visit him after 5. That's about all to report for now. Oh - I recently bought www.jayedgar.com and haven't done anything with it. I'm putting these updates up there, as well as some other stuff about the boy (over time). You can visit whenever you want to see what's what. I will still continue these updates.

Thanks, all.

Jay

No comments: